For a driver to be regarded as being good, it does not only boil down to his driving skills, it also involves the level of safety in his driving. It is easy to inculcate bad habits while driving, and a good number of them are detrimental.
Below are positive habits which are expected of a driver:
- Keep away from your phone: One habit which drivers are fond of, is using their phones while driving. Some are in the habit of making calls, chatting with their phone during the course of driving. Hence, it would be difficult to perform a swift action if need be.
- Maintain the speed limit: One of the major causes of accidents, is drivers who fail to maintain the moderate speed limit. Over-speeding kills people year in, year out. In some countries, drivers are fined for exceeding the expected speed limit.
- Avoid alcohol before driving: There are many dangers when it comes to drinking and driving. It prevents the driver from thinking straight and making prompt decisions.
For instance, if a child happens to cross the road right in front of a drunk driver, it would be difficult for the driver to quickly apply the brakes. Hence, a life could be lost in the process. Alcohol prevents you from being alert and aware, no matter how minute the quantity of alcohol taken, there is still an effect which it has on the brain and mind.
- Using Seatbelt: For some people, using the seatbelt seems like a burden and waste of time. It is essential for both the driver and passenger to have their seatbelts on, as it is one of the easiest ways to save their lives. As a good driver, you need to make sure your seatbelts are on, and you must enforce the same rule on anyone who journeys with you.
- Avoid playing loud music: Loud music is another form of distraction when driving, it also prevents you from being aware, alert and informed. It makes it difficult for you to respond to sudden occurrences which could have simply been avoided.